Of the various M113 type personnel carriers developed, the M113A2 began production in June 1979. Based on combat experience in Vietnam, this version was made with improved transmission, operating equipment and cooling system as well as reinforced suspension. Detachable fuel tanks were moved to the rear and external sides of the vehicle, smoke dischargers were mounted on the front, and the trim vane was enlarged. M113A2 units were deployed to the Gulf War in 1991, and in the 2003 Iraq War. M113A2s active in Iraq were also equipped with Combat Identification Panels (CIP), the latest friend and foe recognition device to prevent friendly attack.
- Overall length 153mm
- Large trim vane, smoke shell launcher, and external fuel tanks have been accurately replicated.
- CIP attached on both sides.
- Gun shield can be attached to M2 machine gun.
- Plenty of extra attachments including personnel equipment and ammo cases.
- Commander and driver figures included.
- Decals for 3 different vehicles deployed to Iraq and one vehicle deployed to Bosnia-Herzegovina.