During the Iraq War of 2003 and the subsequent occupation, the M1 Abrams served as the main tank of the US military. While the M1A2 SEP was a highly modernized version including electronics improvements and so on, the US military found that it faced a new threat during the occupation from 2004 onwards, namely in close-quarters urban situations with weapons such as mines and hand-held weapons. Tank Urban Survival Kits (TUSK) were developed to counter such threats, and the original TUSK I added block-shaped reactive armor to the tank sides as well as an anti-mine underplate, additional M2 heavy machine gun above the main gun, and shields for the loader. The TUSK II upgrade further added shields for the commander and the distinctive tile-shaped reactive armor, although these were not fitted to all M1A2 SEP.
- Length: 280mm, Width: 127mm.
- The model replicates the tank's imposing form including unique tile-shaped reactive armor, commander and loader shields and M2 machine gun on the main gun.
- Model can be made to feature defensively-upgraded TUSK II or TUSK I systems.
- Complex reactive armor is constructed with few parts and little fuss.
- Includes two figures commander and loader.
- Comes with TUSK I and 2 types of TUSK II markings.