The production of the BA-10 armored car started in 1938. The BA-10 was manufactured on the basis of GAZ-AAA three-axle truck. The body consisted of rolled armor plates. The rear hull was equipped with a turret with 45-mm gun paired with 7.62 -mm machinegun. 7.62 -mm DT machinegun was mounted next to the driver. The crew consisted of 4 men. BA-1 were widely used by the Soviet Army during the War with Finland in 1940 and on the Eastern Front in the beginning of World War II. The German Army captured a great number of BA-10 and used them as command and scouting vehicles.