In July 1941, the factory began producing the Soviet T-40S, it was a light tank used by the Soviet Union during World War II. The fully welded tank hull with a rear armour plate of 10mm, front and side armor were enhanced to 15mm, turret reinforced to 20mm. This design is informally known as "030" or T-30. From September 1941, a number of T-30 tanks equipped with ShVAK 20mm automatic cannon with 750 rounds were produced. It was primarily intended to equip reconnaissance units. A land-based version of the T-40, the T-40S, was produced, although was later re-designated the T-60. The T-60 was cheaper, simpler, better-armed, and could fulfill most of the same roles, so T-40 production was halted.
- Length: 110mm Width: 65.5mm
- Consists of over 300 parts
- Multi-directional slide molded turret and lower hull
- Photo-etched parts included
- 182 individual tracks links