The Soviet KV-1 was officially adopted in 1939 and went through a number of variants. Model 1941 KV-1s employed the 76.2mm ZIS-5 gun, which could tear through the armor on contemporary German tanks; its early production variants had a welded turret with armor up to 75mm thick, and hung tough in fierce fighting with German armor following the Nazi German invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941, contributing to the Soviet resistance that would eventually turn the tables and push back the German advance.
- Length: 198mm, width: 95mm.
- The model is an accurate rendering based upon extensive research of the actual vehicle.
- Features realistic depictions of rough armor, cast metal surfaces and weld lines.
- Assemble with hatches and fender-top stowage cases open or closed.
- Assembly type tracks feature one-piece straight sections.
- Includes one commander torso figure.
- Two marking options.