Japan Ground Self-Defense Force units began receiving the eight-wheel Type 16 Maneuver Combat Vehicle in 2017; it is expected to form a central part of the Rapid Deployment Regiments called for in a mobile Japanese defense policy. It certainly fits the bill, with a top speed of 100km/h thanks to a 570hp engine, and can utilize public highways as well as being airlifted. The distinctively modern turret is equipped with spaced armor and a domestically designed L/52 105mm rifled gun, working in conjunction with an advanced fire control system.
- Length: 241mm, width: 85mm.
- This accurate rendering of the Type 16 is based on extensive research of the actual vehicle.
- Authentically captures the modern silhouette with 105mm gun.
- Features crisp molding on fine details such as non-slip surface textures.
- Rubber tires have highly realistic tread pattern.
- An accurate depiction of the complex suspension features steerable front two axles moving in unison.
- Clear parts are used for lenses, periscope and more.
- Two torso figures recreate commander and gunner.
- Four marking options include the Armored Division at JGSDF Fuji School.