Developed for infantry support during WWII, the Assault Tank IV married the trusty Pz.Kpfw.IV chassis with a simple fighting compartment featuring 100mm of front and 50mm of side armor, plus a high-powered 15cm gun that could defeat 160mm of 30-degree armor from 5km. Its variants can largely be grouped into early, mid and late production types, the latter of which was most numerous with 160 examples manufactured between May 1944 and March 1945. Feedback from crews of earlier Brummbars had led to new a fighting compartment design and cupola, plus partial use of steel road wheels. Brummbars were assigned to their own dedicated Assault Tank Battalions and fought on the Eastern Front and in Italy as the war drew to its conclusion.
- Length: 168mm, width: 94mm.
- The kit gives a highly accurate recreation of the Brummbar with its stubby 15cm gun.
- Gun barrel offers elevation and depression. Traverse motion is in tandem with sight and cover.
- Five Schurzen plates are attached and can be removed individually, for a variety of looks.
- Parts are included to recreate rubber-rimmed and all-steel road wheels, used in different combinations depending upon chose marking option.
- Comes with a commander torso figure for the cupola, and a full-body crew figure.
- Decals for two marking options are included.