The “Panzerkampfwagen IV” was developed as a 20-ton class medium support tank by Krupp-Grusion and over 12,000 units of “Pz.Kpfw. IV” were produced from October 1937 to the end of the war as a prime tank. Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. C were produced using (3.Serie/B.W.) Fgst.Nr.80301 - 80440. As with the Ausf. A through E were armed with a short 7.5cm tank gun and MG34 in the turret. In the Ausf. B and C, a vision port and a pistol port replaced the machine gun and its ball mount in the superstructure front plate. The superstructure front plate was made from a single straight plate with the driver’s visor, radio operator’s visor in the same flat plane. An outer armored mantle was bolted to the turret front plate of the Ausf. B and C, over the internal gun mantle, covering the gaps between the internal gun mantle and the front wall of the turret. Only 134 of Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf. C were completed from October 1938 to August 1939. In August 1939, six of the 3.Serie/B.W. chassis assembled and conversion to bridge-laying tanks.