The Sd.Kfz.222 was a 4WD armored car used by the German army for reconnaissance duties. It was well-armed with a 20mm cannon and a machine gun in its open turret, which was protected from grenades and fragments by metal mesh covers. Powered by a 90hp liquid-cooled engine mounted in the rear, it was capable of a maximum road speed of 70km/h and maximum cross-country speed of 40km/h. The famous Field Marshal Erwin Rommel's Afrika Korps used these armored cars in the North African desert for scouting and offensive operations, together with the DKW NZ350
- Length: 134mm
- Angular shape of the armored car accurately reproduced, complete with tool case and headlight details.
- Precision-made photo-etched parts for the turret mesh covers and aluminum 20mm cannon barrel are included for enhanced detail.
- Three types of markings included to depict units in North Africa.
- DKW NZ350 motorcycle is authentically recreated.
- Commander, radio operator, and motorcycle rider figures in realistic poses included.
- Great as a stand-alone diorama or matched with other military models to create desert vignettes.