The Ford GPA is an amphibious 4-wheel drive vehicle which the US motor giant was commissioned to produce for the US military in April 1942. In addition to the tried and tested GPW engine, its brand new hull-design body was driven through the water by a rear propeller. It took part in a number of landing operations, including the November 1942 invasion of North Africa and the highly significant Normandy landings in June 1944. Production of the GPA had already ceased in June 1943, however, with some 12,800 units manufactured.
- Length: 135mm, Width: 50mm.
- The hull-shaped form of the vehicle is accurately captured.
- The engine is faithfully depicted using multiple parts and can be viewed underneath the opening hood.
- A highly realistic accent is added with the inclusion of photo-etched parts to recreate the ventilator, hatch stays and more.
- 3 figures are included, one of which depicts a driver.
- Two marking options, to recreate divisions which served in Tunisia and Normandy operations.