In 1914, the British Admiralty took almost all the RR Silver Ghost chassis and added a rotatable machine gun turret onto the chassis. Those were known as the R-R armored car. The first British armored car squadron was equipped with this armored car. Thanks to its light wheeled chassis, it’s quite suitable for operations in flat and open areas. So, the British widely used this armored car in North Africa. The famous Lawrence of Arabia used it to support the Arab Revolt and ended the Turkish rule of the Middle East that lasted for centuries. This luxury car originated armored car had strong and reliable structure. Some of them took part in WWI and WWII. They also appeared in the battlefields from the Irish Civil War in the 1920s to the South Asian Subcontinent in the 1940s.
- Length: 147mm, Width: 58mm
- Accurately replicated vehicle structure, exteriors and rich details.
- It can be built as a WWI option or WWII option.
- The roof machine gun mount is rotatable.
- Clear light parts and PE parts are included.
- WWI and WWII paint schemes provided.