The Crusader was a British cruiser tank, a breed which was originally intended for use in reconnaissance and fast pursuit. Crusaders were a mainstay of the British army in North Africa. The tank saw many variants throughout its service life, and one of the main differences in the Crusader Mk.III compared to its Mk.I and II predecessors was its upgunning with the 6-pounder (57mm) gun. Mk.IIIs were delivered to units in North Africa such as the 6th and 7th Armoured Divisions, where they overcame mechanical issues to harness both the power of the 6-pounder and their superior mobility, contributing to British efforts in the Tunisian Campaign in fighting around Bou Arada and the battle of Kasserine Pass.
- Length: 180mm, width: 80m.
- It takes the classic Italeri kit of the Crusader Mk.III, and upgrades it with improved parts fit and more precise assembly.
- Features improved molding on turret rear stowage box and fender front sections.
- Belt-type track parts give a realistic depiction, and can be cemented and painted.
- Turret has new raised weld lines.
- New separate parts depict turret spotlight casing and lens.
- Turret hatch underside dampers are recreated using new parts.
- A wealth of accessories is included, recreating helmets, Enfield rifles, Bren guns and more.
- Comes with two figures
- Two marking options depicting 6th Armoured Division vehicles.