Landwasserschlepper was an unarmed amphibious tractor produced in Germany during World War II. Development of the Land-wasser-schlepper (Land-Water-Tractor) started in 1936, but the first 7 vehicles were completed in July of 1940. An additional 14 were produced by March of 1941. It was designed by Rheinmetall-Borsig as an amphibious vehicle for use by engineers but it lacked storage and loading/unloading access. To overcome this problem, special 10 and 20 ton amphibious trailers were made. It carried 3 to 5 men crew and 20 passengers. Another problem was that it was unarmored and could not operate effectively in the combat area. LWS saw service in Russia and North Africa.